Saturday, April 04, 2009

Busy busy bees!

It seems as though life never slows down. At least this is how Paul and I have been feeling lately. It has just been go go go without a moments rest. Paul is working as hard as ever at The Home Depot. And might I add, it showing! He just got a perfect review. I am so proud of him!

I am now knee deep in my new job and am loving it! Today is my first event at the gardens. I am so excited! It is amazing to see where I am at now as compared to when I started my wee little business back in 2007! Who knew that a fun little part-time thing would turn into full-time work. I have to say, the event industry is a ton O fun! On top of my contract job at the Cator Woolford Gardens (check out the new website I just helped to finish), I still have weddings I am planning from start to finish at other locations and was just asked by my previous boss (you know, the one who laid me off) to come back to my full-time job. To that I laughed and answered "that ship as sailed my friend" but offered to train the new manager a consultant price :) So least to say, I am busy!

And another thing that has been eating a lot of our time, is the foreclosure we are trying to purchase. I know most of you are thinking "Didn't you start looking at this house in December?" The answer is yes. And here we are in April and we still don't have it. Buying a foreclosure, I am finding is a crazy amount of work! And we are doing a special kind of loan for run down houses in urban areas. So, between our fist mortgage company crumbling in the process of doing our loan as well as all the inspections done, contractors bids and lots of phone calls and e-mails, this house has been a job in its self. But, its not over yet. We are awaiting a new contractor bid and after we ge that and the number is not astronomical, we will hopefully close mid May! Please keep all of your fingers crossed!
This is the house for any of you who haven't seen it. Don't be fooled by how cute it looks in this picture!

We hope that each of you are well and we apologize for not keeping you all better informed about our lives. We have some big plans for the summer, backing on the beach, an anniversary trip to Charlotte, a trip with friends to Destin and another trip to Florida with family! Woohoo! So, I promise we will be writing again soon.

No comments: