Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We’re Debt Free!


Erin and I like many recent college grads thought we “earned” a life style. Right after college we got jobs, financed two new cars and a house but didn’t have a budget, and paid the minimum amount on our student loans. After moving to Atlanta in May of 2006 we had problem after problem and solved most of them by using our credit card. By the end of 2006 we had maxed out our credit card and knew something had to change.

We read the Total Money Make-Over by Dave Ramsey (this sounds like a mini advertisement… sorry) and got on a plan for our 2007 New Year’s resolution. After selling off a car and getting on a realistic budget (Thanks to Erin our little accountant) we were ready to start paying off some debt. And last month Erin and I paid off the last of our $42K debt! We now drive two paid for cars, no credits cards or student loans. We are able to save like we should. This has been one of the best things that Erin and I have done for our marriage. If you are looking for something to do to relieve stress from your relationship this is a great place to start.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement along our way!

3 comments:

Ben Rasmusen said...

Congratulations guys! I might have to ask you for a few tips as Amber and I are in the process of paying off some debt we acquired in our move. It's exciting to hear success stories like yours. Take care!

Joelle Turner said...

You guys are my heros! Seriously!! I am so proud of you guys!!!

rmjones911 said...

nice job homies now check out the vid on my blog