
This past week Paul and I went out with one of his co-workers and his wife. At first, I thought it would be like the usual “co-worker dinner”, the boring dinner with the non-social industrial engineer type and the wife I have nothing in common with! However, this time it was different. Paul found a co-worker whom had also graduated from Ft. Lewis along with his wife. (Linked in is a cool little thing for all you business types that may not know about it) And they had just gotten back from their honeymoon from Thailand. I was really excited; I would actually be able to carry a conversation! So we decided to meet at this little Indian restaurant and just reminisce about college and Thailand and all that fun stuff. What was crazy though was as I was talking to Lucinda, I found out that she too did her internship at the Southwest Safehouse for college and then worked their part time as a relief counselor, the year before I had started. We talked about the house, the clients, the staff and the crazy things that happened in that house. (ie the lesbian group showers, doing meth on the kitchen table, you know all of those stories many of you heard!) This was awesome considering there are only a handful of people who have ever worked at the house let alone even know where the house is! It was crazy. Here we were sitting in a little Indian restaurant in Atlanta talking about the safehouse we both happened to work at in Durango. It is defiantly a small world and I am amazed of the connections I always find wherever I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment