Monday, February 12, 2007

Helping those in need

It has been very hard for me to not be doing social work. As much as I may have complained at the time of working at the safehouse, I greatly miss that job. Now that I am away from it and not able to find a job like that here in ATL, it makes me realize how blessed I was with that opportunity. More then anything, I miss all the kids running around. It was awesome to get up every Saturday morning and have time with the kids playing playing games, doing art projects or even just watching Saturday morning cartoons. This last Saturday morning, our small group was able to go and spend the morning with the kids of the Atlanta Union Mission. It was awesome. We were able to build model cars, airplanes and bird houses all donated by the Home Depot! It was so refreshing to just sit around the table with all the kids and talk about their lives and spend time with these children who are struggling. Can you imagine living in a shelter as a kid? Anyways, it was awesome for our group was yet another good reminder to all us our calling to serve those who are suffering and to get on our knees and praise God for all he does in our lives.
God is so faithful!
Love,
Erin

P.S Here is the link to the organization we worked with

www.aumcares.org/index.htm

1 comment:

rmjones911 said...

I think the best way to cure the "missing kids blues" is to start making them.